Adolescent Girl’s DBT GroupE
This group follows a curriculum, covering: Core Mindfulness, Distress Tolerance, Emotional Regulation, Interpersonal Effectiveness and Walking the Middle Path. The minimum length of participation in the group will be 8 weeks, with the possibility of continuing on in the group if needed.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy is geared toward adolescents that have issues including but not limited to: anxiety, depression, eating disorders, impulsivity, relationship & interpersonal difficulties, self injury/cutting, suicidal ideation, and/or are having extreme difficulties regulating their emotions.
Group members will learn to identify uncomfortable feelings and what to do with them, Healthy communication skills and how be successful when making important life choices. Members will learn to use coping skills, emotion regulation techniques, as well as therapeutic journaling.
Discussion topics include: healthy relationships, self-estem, self-respect, healthy eating/body-image, coping tools, living a balanced life, self-care, & communication skills.
Group Members Age Range between 14 and 19.
You may be a good fit for this group if you struggle with any of these issues:
- Challenge to use your voice to meet your needs
- Feel depressed &/or anxious a lot of the time
- Feel like you don’t ‘fit in’ most of the time
- Have a hard time liking yourself
- Struggle with poor body image or eating concerns
- Have unhealthy coping behaviors
- Need to increase healthy coping skills
- Would like to learn tools for healthy communications and healthy relationships
- Need help setting healthy boundaries
- Struggle in school
- Don’t have many friends &/or support people to talk to
|GROUP MEMBERS CAN RESIDE ANYWHERE IN COLORADO|
Group topics include, mindfulness, trusting your intuition, increasing self-esteem, healthy communication, coping tools for hard times, sticking to your values, social media struggles, healthy relationships, healthy self-talk, and more.